What I learned from my course survey
Thank you so much for taking my course survey last week! I heard from many of you and that has been super helpful for me as I prepare and write my course – Homeschool Mompreneur 101: The Busy, Homeschool Mom’s Step-by-Step Plan to Running a Highly Profitable and Satisfying Business in under 20 hours Per Week.
I am excitedly mapping out my outline to address the concerns of homeschooling moms who are also running a business from home. We are not as rare of a breed as you might think and we share many of the same challenges and limitations. We also share some amazing character qualities, such as resourcefulness, persistence, diligence, creativity, and a “let’s do this” attitude. How wonderful it is to rub shoulders with women such as you!
From my course survey, I learned that…
- 65% have started their businesses already, and 35% are still in the planning stage.
- 52% of you would like to make more money from your business, and 44% would like to start making money from your business. 4% are happy with the income their business generates.
- The biggest struggle you have is feeling overwhelmed (43%), but there is a tie for second place between feeling like you don’t have enough time (28%) and with understanding how to market with the time you do have (28%).
- 54% of you sell physical products; 49% sell digital and/or information products; and 33% are in a service industry.
- 88% of you said that you would be interested in the course that I am creating. Sweet!
These are the categories of information that you would like me to cover, in order of demand:
- How to prioritize my time for family, household, and business activities
- How to maximize the time I do have set aside for my business
- How to launch my product for maximum impact (and income)
- How to build a passive income stream
- How to write emails that convert into sales
- How to balance my family life with business pursuits
- How to create email marketing campaigns (autoresponder sequences)
- How to put my business on automation
- How to create a lead magnet (or freebie) to grow my email list
- How to grow my email marketing list
- How to create content to attract my perfect audience
- How to build a team and delegate work tasks
- How to create high converting sales pages
- How to create a quality product customers will rave about
- How to use Facebook ads to make more sales
My biggest take-aways from this survey is that because of our limited amounts of time that we can devote to business building activities, we need to maximize that time by staying laser focused. And even more than that, knowing exactly what activities to focus on that will bring the greatest monetary returns from the time we spend on them.
Many, many of you have quality products that get great reviews from your customers, but you struggle with getting the word out so that more of your ideal customers know about them. You need more traffic and better systems for following up on that traffic so that you can convert more visitors into leads and more leads into customers. And this needs to be accomplished in short bursts of time.
And finally, you could use some help with setting and maintaining clear priorities and not feeling guilty no matter what you are doing (i.e. feeling guilty that you should be spending more time with the family when working on your business or feeling guilty that you should be spending more time growing your biz when hanging out with your family, etc.).
I can help you with all that! And I am excited to show you how. So, I’m going to sign off now and get back to my course outline.
Please leave a comment if you have any other burning issues that you would like address in the Homeschool Mompreneur course. I want it to be a complete and helpful as possible.
Enjoy June! I hope it’s as beautiful where you are as it is here.